Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 5 EDLD 5363 Multimedia and Video Technology

Throughout the last three weeks, I have wondered if we could ever complete the assignments in a timely manner. I think the most difficult part of the process has been deciding how we were going to communicate and provide feedback on different parts of the video PSA task. We decided on a wiki site dedicated to documenting the collaborative process of the group. I think the pre-production aspects were the most difficult to decide on, i.e. shots needed and script development for the PSA. Production became easier because we each had set tasks to follow; Brian and Quentin worked on the recording of the script, the acting and getting the necessary shots for the PSA. My job was to edit the audio and video into the final product. I think  we could have had more video shots to pick and choose from with more lead and post time; this would definately have helped with the editing process of the PSA. I did think the concept of going all black and white made for a more dramatic and interesting final product for our PSA. I also liked the change of background music from the beginning choice to our final selection.  We were fortunate to find the song that we used for the background, as this song has yet to be published. I think since the concept of the PSA was drug and alcohol addition, finding a song with lyrics about drug and alcohol addiction only lead to an overall stronger PSA statement. Since the song is unpublished, this did lead to some interesting copyright decisions and research to make sure we folowed correct copyright notation. Finally, it was very difficult to collaborate and interact with two other people who are busy with thier own jobs and lives. I personally would have rather completed the task by myself due to time management requirements of my job. However, each person participated in a professional and timely manner making for a successful group collaboration on this PSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment