Saturday, September 4, 2010

Web Conference Confirmation Reflection

This week I attended the 8/31/10 6 p.m. web conference for EDLD Multimedia and Viddeo Technology. As I reviewed this week's assignment, I was in a very confused state because I printed up the week two rubric and directions 8/28/10 and began working on the video portion of the assignment, but then recieved a new updated rubric and direction sheet 8/30/10 for the week which changed the video to a podcast assignment. Needless to say, I was confused as to what direction I needed to take. Dr. Abernathy was patient as she answered specific questions about the assignment, sometimes numorous times to panicky students. I did getthe clarity concerning specific parts of the assignments, and realized it was not a impossible task this week. However, I do feel at this level of coursework, the assignment and expectation should be accurate at the start of the course, particularly as many, if not all of the students, such as myself, hold a full time job and at times need to complete assignments early in the week based on work demands and expectations. I still am very confused and concerned that my discussion posts are not what the instructor wants as we ran out of time during the web conference session. I hope to continue attending each weeks' web conference because it allows me to interact and question the instructor on elements of the assignments. I wish it could be easier to discuss problems one on one with the instructors. I realize that are course coordinators must be overwhelm with question trying to intepret the instructor and students thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment